Author Topic: The Cancel Culture  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
Re: The Cancel Culture
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2020, 07:52:58 PM »

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2020, 01:02:26 PM »
Youtube and other social media keep taking down video of black historian and owner of a DC tour guide service defending the Freedmen's Emmancipation Monument.  After he spoke he was atracked by ANTIFA activists.

Video addressing crowd (hurry before taken down):

https://youtu.be/KNy3J3oFT1Y

He was driven from event and told if he didnt leave city they would kill him.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2020, 01:28:55 PM »
Whenever I go to Youtube, Amazon prime video, Facebook I am presented with a selection of black-orientated media. So far it is possible to close the selection but I'm guessing it soon will be permanent. I'm expecting that Facebook will require you to make an affirmative acceptance of such material to prove you are not a racist.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2020, 02:32:12 PM »
Whenever I go to Youtube, Amazon prime video, Facebook I am presented with a selection of black-orientated media. So far it is possible to close the selection but I'm guessing it soon will be permanent. I'm expecting that Facebook will require you to make an affirmative acceptance of such material to prove you are not a racist.

Well, that's easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PIoikXsrpk

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2020, 11:27:17 AM »
Also the NASCAR noose story that CNN and NPR pushed as a hate crime fact turned out to be another hoax.  It was the handle for the garage and had been that way for years. 

It's not just that they ran the story. I'm not a NASCAR guy and I couldn't name 2 racers for a billion dollars. So I don't know anything about Bubba Wallace and I'm happy to allow that maybe he was mistaken and maybe that pullchord was positioned in such a way that it did look out of place... Look, I don't know. But what I do know is that this warranted front page news coverage and a full FBI investigation. Like we spent millions of dollars over a knot (which isn't even a noose) on some greasy string in a mechanic shop. Not to trivialize things but I have a pullchord in my garage with a knotted loop too. Never thought about it. And I'm pretty sure that if some skinheads burned my front yard with gasoline and put up "all Polacs must die" signs the FBI wouldn't get involved. I also don't like that it assumes that even if things looked bad the mechanics there wouldn't have had a "geeze, you're right; let me cut that off and sorry it gave you bad impression" moment.

Now compare the USA where we squander money chasing down knotted chords and China where a McDonald's actually put out a sign banning black people. McDonald's gets do to a quiet press release about how that's not there corporate culture (and I wouldn't hold the company writ large responsible for one site's bad behavior) but it did happen. And it won't make page 17.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2020, 12:11:11 PM »
I'm predicting all Youtube videos about knot-tying (which I often watch) will be removed if they have that knot.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2020, 12:24:46 PM »
I'm predicting all Youtube videos about knot-tying (which I often watch) will be removed if they have that knot.

oh - knot-tying videos?  Can you share your favorites?

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2020, 12:53:10 PM »
oh - knot-tying videos?  Can you share your favorites?
This was the last one I watched, I liked it for it's simplicity and clarity.
Top Five Useful Knots for camping, survival, hiking, and more - by Nature Reliance
https://youtu.be/ABIRlz-qxSI

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2020, 08:10:39 PM »
Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim  BLM moves to cancel John Wayne and Muhammad Ali.  They aren't happy with the responses of their familes.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/john-wayne-son-responds-resolution-airport-renamed.amp
John Wayne’s son responds to resolution calling for John Wayne Airport to be renamed

In a statement to Fox News on Monday, Ethan Wayne said: "Let me make one thing clear -- John Wayne was not a racist. I know that term is casually tossed around these days, but I take it very seriously. I also understand how we got to this point.
"The truth is, as we have seen in papers from his archives, he did not support 'white supremacy' in any way and believed that responsible people should gain power without the use of violence.

"Those who knew him, knew he judged everyone as an individual and believed everyone deserved an equal opportunity," Ethan added. "He called out bigotry when he saw it. He hired and worked with people of all races, creeds, and sexual orientations. John Wayne stood for the very best for all of us -- a society that doesn’t discriminate against anyone seeking the American dream."
"One thing we know – if John Wayne were here today, he would be in the forefront demanding fairness and justice for all people," Ethan said. "He would have pulled those officers off of George Floyd, because that was the right thing to do. He would stand for everyone’s right to protest and work toward change."

https://nypost.com/2020/06/20/muhammad-alis-son-says-he-wouldve-hated-black-lives-matters/
Muhammad Ali’s son says dad would have hated ‘racist’ Black Lives Matter

On the fourth anniversary of his death, Muhammad Ali’s only biological son says that his father would be against Black Lives Matter, calling the movement “racist” and the protesters “devils.”

The legendary boxer and activist stood up against racism throughout his life, but Muhammad Ali Jr. says his dad would have been sickened by how the protests have turned to violence and looting after the death of George Floyd.

“Don’t bust up s–t, don’t trash the place,” he told The Post. “You can peacefully protest.

‘‘My father would have said, ‘They ain’t nothing but devils.’ My father said, ‘All lives matter.’ I don’t think he’d agree.”

Of the BLM movement, Ali Jr., a Muslim like his father, said: “I think it’s racist.”

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2020, 02:01:37 PM »
BLM activists defaced the Robert Gould Shaw Memorial, considered one of the most important African American tribute pieces in the country as he was first person to argue for equal pay.  About Robert Gould Shaw:

Born into a prominent Boston abolitionist family, he accepted command of the first all-black regiment (the 54th Massachusetts) in the Northeast. Supporting the promised equal treatment for his troops, he encouraged the men to refuse their pay until it was equal to that of white troops' wage.

He led his regiment at the Second Battle of Fort Wagner in July 1863. They attacked a beachhead near Charleston, South Carolina, and Shaw was killed while leading his men to the parapet of the Confederate-held fort. Although the regiment was overwhelmed by firing from the defenses and driven back, suffering many casualties, Shaw's leadership and the regiment became legendary. They inspired hundreds of thousands more African Americans to enlist for the Union helping to turn the tide of the war to its ultimate victory.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/video/3625565-robert-gould-shaw-civil-war-memorial-vandalized/
Robert Gould Shaw Civil War Memorial Vandalized

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2020, 06:55:55 PM »
BLM activists defaced the Robert Gould Shaw Memorial, considered one of the most important African American tribute pieces in the country as he was first person to argue for equal pay.  About Robert Gould Shaw:

Born into a prominent Boston abolitionist family, he accepted command of the first all-black regiment (the 54th Massachusetts) in the Northeast. Supporting the promised equal treatment for his troops, he encouraged the men to refuse their pay until it was equal to that of white troops' wage.

He led his regiment at the Second Battle of Fort Wagner in July 1863. They attacked a beachhead near Charleston, South Carolina, and Shaw was killed while leading his men to the parapet of the Confederate-held fort. Although the regiment was overwhelmed by firing from the defenses and driven back, suffering many casualties, Shaw's leadership and the regiment became legendary. They inspired hundreds of thousands more African Americans to enlist for the Union helping to turn the tide of the war to its ultimate victory.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/video/3625565-robert-gould-shaw-civil-war-memorial-vandalized/
Robert Gould Shaw Civil War Memorial Vandalized

It's because there was a white guy commanding black troops or what  ?

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2020, 07:00:44 PM »
It's not just that they ran the story. I'm not a NASCAR guy and I couldn't name 2 racers for a billion dollars. So I don't know anything about Bubba Wallace and I'm happy to allow that maybe he was mistaken and maybe that pullchord was positioned in such a way that it did look out of place... Look, I don't know. But what I do know is that this warranted front page news coverage and a full FBI investigation. Like we spent millions of dollars over a knot (which isn't even a noose) on some greasy string in a mechanic shop. Not to trivialize things but I have a pullchord in my garage with a knotted loop too. Never thought about it. And I'm pretty sure that if some skinheads burned my front yard with gasoline and put up "all Polacs must die" signs the FBI wouldn't get involved. I also don't like that it assumes that even if things looked bad the mechanics there wouldn't have had a "geeze, you're right; let me cut that off and sorry it gave you bad impression" moment.

Now compare the USA where we squander money chasing down knotted chords and China where a McDonald's actually put out a sign banning black people. McDonald's gets do to a quiet press release about how that's not there corporate culture (and I wouldn't hold the company writ large responsible for one site's bad behavior) but it did happen. And it won't make page 17.

If you listen to the mainstream news, they still don't seem to cover that this is a big bunch of bull. If I google buba wallace I find articles that condemn some people for making fun of it or selling buba nooses but the narrative that it was a crock seems to be missing and no apologies from buba

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2020, 09:32:03 AM »
I would like to offer another view on the issue.
One taken from similar situations in Greece.

is there any chance that this "cancel culture" and the defacing of statues of great men, has a much simpler motive?
Over here we have an issue been going, the left speaking against excellence in all aspects of life.
i.e. In schools trying to get good grades is admonished etc etc...
To me this is a simple act to maintain the leftists status of sitting on the moral and intelectual high ground, while half of them are no-worths at all.. in fact being downright Lazy.
in effect they are tring to pull society down on their level.

Any chance the same is happening over there in the US?

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2020, 11:45:51 AM »
I would like to offer another view on the issue.
One taken from similar situations in Greece.

is there any chance that this "cancel culture" and the defacing of statues of great men, has a much simpler motive?
Over here we have an issue been going, the left speaking against excellence in all aspects of life.
i.e. In schools trying to get good grades is admonished etc etc...
To me this is a simple act to maintain the leftists status of sitting on the moral and intelectual high ground, while half of them are no-worths at all.. in fact being downright Lazy.
in effect they are tring to pull society down on their level.

Any chance the same is happening over there in the US?

I think there are many  factors, it's all part of a peculiar collective that works in strange ways. Elites have their reasons as do others. Human psychology or the forces behind it are something like that

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2020, 09:10:58 AM »
Frederick Douglas gave the dedication speech for the Emancipation Memorial (aka Freedmen’s Monument) i.  It is amazing.  It ends with:

Fellow-citizens, I end, as I began, with congratulations. We have done a good work for our race today. In doing honor to the memory of our friend and liberator, we have been doing highest honors to ourselves and those who come after us; we have been fastening ourselves to a name and fame imperishable and immortal; we have also been defending ourselves from a blighting scandal. When now it shall be said that the colored man is soulless, that he has no appreciation of benefits or benefactors; when the foul reproach of ingratitude is hurled at us, and it is attempted to scourge us beyond the range of human brotherhood, we may calmly point to the monument we have this day erected to the memory of Abraham Lincoln.

Oration in Memory of Abraham Lincoln
Frederick Douglass | April 14, 1876
Delivered at the Unveiling of The Freedmen’s Monument in Lincoln Park, Washington, D.C.

https://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/oration-in-memory-of-abraham-lincoln/

Since they were stopped from tearing down the Emancipation Memorial, they reportedly turned their ire towards cancelling abolitionist Frederick Douglas.  Guess this is just another one to add to monument park Trump announced at Mount Rushmore.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/06/frederick-douglass-statue-torn-down-rochester-new-york-anniversary-july-4-speech
Frederick Douglass statue torn down on anniversary of great speech

A statue of the great abolitionist Frederick Douglass was torn from its base in Rochester, New York on Sunday, 168 years to the day since the city was the setting for one of his greatest speeches, What to the Slave is the Fourth of July?

The statue stood in Maplewood Park, a site on the Underground Railroad, the network through which Douglass and Harriet Tubman, both escaped slaves themselves, and others helped ferry people enslaved in southern states to freedom in the north.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2020, 06:44:36 PM »
Amazing crystalization of what is wrong in media and politics today.  :rofl:

https://youtu.be/Kj9EtawpKJc

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
https://dailygazette.com/article/2020/07/17/saratoga-civil-war-statue-demolished-by-vandals
Saratoga Civil War statue demolished by vandals
145-year-old monument honored local Union troops, broken beyond repair

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2020, 12:56:49 AM »

No one takes credit or has anything to say about why would you just randomly attack statues that seem unrelated to the claimed or apparent cause ?

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2020, 01:46:55 AM »

Someone is going to destroy something and then not even be able to give a reason why they did it. It really seems like the lowest form of destruction and there is no apparent reason why someone would do that

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2020, 06:58:07 AM »
No one takes credit or has anything to say about why would you just randomly attack statues that seem unrelated to the claimed or apparent cause ?

Out of sheer stupidity and ignorance.  Stupid people do stupid things.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2020, 07:37:59 PM »
All these cities now have a choice.  If they are going to allow BLM to graffiti everything then they have to let everyone do it.  Otherwise they have to remove them all.  In other words, they have to cancel BLM murals.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article244351637.html
A California city erases ‘Black Lives Matter’ mural after ‘MAGA 2020’ one proposed

But city crews power-washed the 17-foot mural away on Thursday, despite plans to let the temporary paint fade away over time, according to the station.

The city erased the mural after attorney Maria Rutenberg requested permission to paint a “MAGA 2020” mural nearby, Climate Online Redwood City reported.

Rutenberg said she “saw that Courthouse Square was being used as a public forum, and, as a Redwood City resident, wanted to participate,” according to the publication.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2020, 12:27:09 PM »
Despite her participation in Nazism and the KKK and her public calls for wiping out non-white people, i must admit that I didnt see her getting canceled by Democrats. I wonder if Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton and others will give back their Margaret Sanger Awards and if Biden will turn down acceptance of it this year?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/21/nyregion/planned-parenthood-margaret-sanger-eugenics.html
Planned Parenthood in N.Y. Disavows Margaret Sanger Over Eugenics
Ms. Sanger, a feminist icon and reproductive-rights pioneer, supported a discredited belief in improving the human race through selective breeding.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2020, 05:01:14 AM »
All these cities now have a choice.  If they are going to allow BLM to graffiti everything then they have to let everyone do it.  Otherwise they have to remove them all.  In other words, they have to cancel BLM murals.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article244351637.html
A California city erases ‘Black Lives Matter’ mural after ‘MAGA 2020’ one proposed

But city crews power-washed the 17-foot mural away on Thursday, despite plans to let the temporary paint fade away over time, according to the station.

The city erased the mural after attorney Maria Rutenberg requested permission to paint a “MAGA 2020” mural nearby, Climate Online Redwood City reported.

Rutenberg said she “saw that Courthouse Square was being used as a public forum, and, as a Redwood City resident, wanted to participate,” according to the publication.

Thats pretty funny.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2020, 09:14:28 AM »
I don't see any alternative.  We must erase all reminders of racism in history.  The Democratic Party must be cancelled!

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/508759-gops-gohmert-introduces-resolution-that-would-ban-the-democratic-party
Gohmert introduces resolution that would ban the Democratic Party

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) introduced a House resolution Thursday calling on lawmakers to ban organizations or political groups that have historically supported the Confederacy or slavery in the U.S., a list he said includes the Democratic Party.

“A great portion of the history of the Democratic Party is filled with racism and hatred. Since people are demanding we rid ourselves of the entities, symbols, and reminders of the repugnant aspects of our past, then the time has come for Democrats to acknowledge their party’s loathsome and bigoted past, and consider changing their party name to something that isn’t so blatantly and offensively tied to slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination, and the Ku Klux Klan,” Gohmert said in a statement.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2020, 07:08:48 AM »
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/18/us/virginia-senator-charged-confederate-monument/index.html
Virginia state senator and other local leaders charged in connection with the dismantling of a Confederate monument

A Virginia Democratic state senator is among at least 14 people to be charged in connection with the partial dismantling of a Confederate monument in June that led to "life threatening" and "permanent injury" of a man, Portsmouth Police Chief Angela Greene announced during a news conference Monday.

Sen. L. Louise Lucas, who is also president pro tempore of the Virginia state senate, has been charged with conspiracy to commit a felony and injury to a monument in excess of $1,000. Charges were also filed against a Portsmouth school board member, local NAACP chapter members and three public defenders.

Offline Oakie

• Survivor
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2020, 12:13:12 PM »

What is our history with slavery in this nation?
Why didn't Washington and Jefferson free their slaves? How did they come to possess slaves in the first place? Did they actively fight to free all slaves? Who in this nation owned slaves?
What did our flag physically contribute to early battles and WHY was it kept in sight? Why die to defend it?

I don't see how we can understand the battle at hand without understanding history.  This is long and when they break you must fast forward an hour to get to last half but, the information shared is historic and enlightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1845&v=APmWVzmjZsw&feature=emb_title

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2020, 05:04:48 PM »
Uh oh.   Business owners are getting restless.  Funny how they don't get same free speech rights.  No police protection for this mural despite the police endorsing the sentiment and amplifying it on social media.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massive-f-k-cuomo-and-de-blasio-mural-painted-on-brooklyn-street.amp
Massive ‘F--k Cuomo and de Blasio’ mural painted on Brooklyn street
For less than 24 hours, an all-caps, block-length message painted in yellow contained the rage of New York City

The New York Post reported the shout-out to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio was created around 1 a.m. Saturday during an annual block party that also served as a “small business owner protest.”

“A few partygoers got the idea to paint in huge [letters, using] yellow paint with rollers on North 15th, ‘F–k Cuomo and de Blasio,'” an unidentified attendee said Sunday. “The party continued. Everyone took photos. It was a big hit. The crowds cheered, even the cops chuckled.”

Offline Oakie

• Survivor
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2020, 09:54:15 AM »
Political 'correctness' has opened a can of worms for Princeton
https://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/2020/09/22/education-secretary-launches-investigation-of-princeton/

Princeton joined a number of organizations, in the wake of continuing racial protests around the country, that publicly acknowledge a culture of racism in both its founding and its current campus culture. Education Secretary Betsy Devos found this public relations move to be a “shocking” admission to the violation of anti-discrimination laws and opened a formal inquiry against Princeton.
The university receives millions in federal funding each year, and the investigation the U.S. Education Department has opened will require the institution to “produce each record” on which President Eisgruber based his statement that racism is “embedded in structures of the University itself.” The Department of Education is also requesting a list of all persons who have been excluded from federally funded education programs dues to racism at Princeton.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2020, 09:57:43 AM »
Political 'correctness' has opened a can of worms for Princeton
https://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/2020/09/22/education-secretary-launches-investigation-of-princeton/

Princeton joined a number of organizations, in the wake of continuing racial protests around the country, that publicly acknowledge a culture of racism in both its founding and its current campus culture. Education Secretary Betsy Devos found this public relations move to be a “shocking” admission to the violation of anti-discrimination laws and opened a formal inquiry against Princeton.
The university receives millions in federal funding each year, and the investigation the U.S. Education Department has opened will require the institution to “produce each record” on which President Eisgruber based his statement that racism is “embedded in structures of the University itself.” The Department of Education is also requesting a list of all persons who have been excluded from federally funded education programs dues to racism at Princeton.

Hahaha. This made me laugh. The statement by Eisgruber was obviously an attempt to pander to BLM et al. I'm entertained to see that there will be actual repercussions -- if not fines, etc., at least the work required to provide all the information demanded by the Dept. of Education and the potential loss of federal dollars going forward. :)