Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Pistols and Handguns

Revolver Resources

<< < (2/3) > >>

Smurf Hunter:
I think I own all of Grant Cunningham's books. 

Carl:
 I so wish I had recorded my face to face chats with Elmer Keith and Jim Clark SR from the past ,those two men were royalty in the gun world and I did not recognize it ,at the time. Elmer Keith's book HELL,I WAS THERE would be at home in any revolver users book shelf.

NWPilgrim:
I learned about Elmer and his role in the development of the .44 mag after I bought my first one (customized 4" Redhawk from a dentist who fished in Alaska and after a Kodiak encounter decided .44 wasn't big enough!).  I was excited to learn Elmer lived in Salmon, ID as I had an uncle who lived there a long time in the 1950s-late 1970s.  So next time I was over there to visit I anxiously asked him if he knew Elmer, thinking the he also being a avid hunter and reloader they may have talked a lot about guns and cartridges.  Instead, my uncle huffed, "Can't stand that bastard."  Not a word more.  Didn't diminish my respect for Elmer's contributions but he may not have been the easiest person to know. Of course, some say the same abut my uncle...

Carl:
  He was one crusty old man. I bought one of his books that he signed while sharing lunch at a downtown eatery. He had little time for most people.

machinisttx:
Based on reading "Sixguns", I'd guess he was pretty firm in his opinions and not shy about stating what they were.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version