Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Fiction and Non-Fiction Books/Magazines

List of survival magazines and some details. Help wanted here.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Crimson Wolf:
ASG became Preparedness Guide or some such and went toes up soon afterward.

Modern Survival is put of by the editor of ASG, if I recall correctly.

whatzhizname:
I've heard that the late Mel Tappan's wife Nancy is going to return to doing a survival periodical, but I don't recall where I heard the information and can't find a link.  Mel Tappan is something of a "grandfather" of the modern preparedness movement, so it would be interesting to see what results from his wife's efforts, and I apologize that I don't have a link to share.  :-[

dustyz:
I know this was posted a bit ago, but I've just started my search for a better magazine subscription.

Right now, we only get Mother Earth News. As good as some of the articles are, they tend to be a little bold or indirectly related to our small goals. I want a magazine that focuses more on small objectives in more detail, and less on the vague final picture. A magazine that really breaks things down, and doesn't try to explain how to "build a home for $10,000" in 3 pages.

Preservation, rainwater harvesting, simple lost homesteading skill-sets, raising small livestock, gardening, etc.

Which would you recommend? Backwoods Home looks interesting outta the list you posted...

Thanks!

hd45hunt:

--- Quote from: dustyz on September 02, 2010, 08:45:31 AM ---Preservation, rainwater harvesting, simple lost homesteading skill-sets, raising small livestock, gardening, etc.

Which would you recommend? Backwoods Home looks interesting outta the list you posted...

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

You got it!  For homesteading, Backwoods Home Magazine is tops for me.  Been a subscriber for over 10 years now and haven't seen anything that is as well rounded and as a bonus, we hold a lot of the same views/values.

Mullers Lane Farm:
I'd like to add the magazines:

Small Farmer's Journal

Rural Heritage

These are magazines geared toward animal power.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version