Author Topic: ? "John Spirko" Paypal account payment preferences...  (Read 4764 times)

Offline zackandjen2004

• Survivalist Mentor
? "John Spirko" Paypal account payment preferences...
« on: February 03, 2010, 01:49:04 PM »
Anyone had this same trouble?  I tried to join the MSP this morning and got turned down with the card that's tied to my Paypal account.  First I called the cc company to make sure that everything was good.  Check.  Called Paypal and talked to a rep.  What she told me is that John Spirko's payment preferences indicates that he's not taking mastercard.

Anyway, I still want to join, but I am not going to change my paypal account credit card.  Advice?

Jen

Offline “Mark”

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Freedom lovin' Canadian
Re: ? "John Spirko" Paypal account payment preferences...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 09:05:07 AM »
Transfer money to your Paypal account, then pay from the funds in your Paypal account.

If you use a credit card, the credit card company charges a fee that comes out of the merchant's side, so they effectively get paid less.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:39:32 AM »
That ^

:)  Thanks for being helpful, Mark.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:51:52 PM »
I want to let you know guys why you have to have Paypal to pay online for MSB.  It is not my decision.  I fought like crazy trying to get it to work with major Credit Cards.  After dealing with countless idiots at PayPal on the phone I managed to get "escalated" to a competent person.

Here is the deal with Paypal you can take a credit card from a person with out PayPal if you sell them a item with a single charge.  You can not take a credit card for a recurring subscription due to rules the credit card people have with PayPal.  PayPal is not the bad guy here they just should make that little piece of information easier to find.  I wasted days trying to get this fixed for you guys.

I may get a standard merchant account this year but honestly I like being able to say I hate credit cards and I don't take them as payment.  I take PayPal as payment how you fund your PayPal account is up to you. 

Last remember you can pay by check, just print out and mail the form.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 03:01:24 PM »
If you're in the US, it's relatively painless to hook your paypal to your bank account.  I don't know if that's true for other countries, but I imagine it is.

Makes everything a lot easier.  And it saves money (no credit card fees for you! yay!)

Offline zackandjen2004

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 08:28:32 PM »
Thanks, Jack, for the explanation.  I'll work on getting money into my Paypal account and do it that way. 

Offline Herbalpagan

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 05:42:15 AM »
I don't have a paypal account, but it says I do still (had one years ago) I've found them hard to work with, so I'll just skip it and send in the form with a check or money order.