Author Topic: Possible suggestion for a benefit for MSB members  (Read 4535 times)

Offline SurvivalKing

• Prepper
Possible suggestion for a benefit for MSB members
« on: November 05, 2009, 01:29:18 PM »
Hey all I am new to the forums but I have been listening to the podcast for quite some time, anyway I have a suggestion for an additional benefit to the MSB members:  I would like if going forward the MSB show downloads (within the member area) came with a very abbreviated "Intro Section". 

Increasingly the podcast's intro section deals with the benefits of being a member of the MSB and as a member I don't need to hear anything but updates to benefits.  Also it can be assumed that MSB members listen to the show religiously and do not need an explanation of what each of the sponsors do for a living.  I know that Ready Made Resources has a great solar catalog but I have to hear that everytime I download a show.

Basically I am asking if it would be too much trouble to have a intro section for MSB members only that went as follows.  Show Topic -> Changes and Updates to Sponsors and Benefits -> Notifications of Stuff unrelated to show topic and cut out the MSB appeal, the length of sponsor ads, etc.  If its too much trouble that's fine, but it would be a nice feature that as I am helping to support the show I get the content "AD FREE".  So to speak.  Thanks for your time.  Let me know what you think.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
Re: Possible suggestion for a benefit for MSB members
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 12:32:06 PM »
In short yes it would be too much trouble because it would more then double the work in editing by making me create two versions of every show.  I will say to you what I say to anyone that doesn't like house keeping, it is a podcast, use fast forward.  Not being a jerk just honest about the work required to simply provide two versions.

Further the sponsors are paying for weekly mentions.

Offline SurvivalKing

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »
That's fine I have my own blogs and I understand the work involved.  Just thought I'd offer a suggestion.  Just throwing out an idea to add value MSB.  I don't really care about listening to it (as you pointed out you can fast forward) as much as for archival purposes and making "intro cds" to try and get you more listeners.  However I am tech savvy enough to edit out the intro section for the "intro cds" I make and hand out, so in the end no big deal.  Just trying to do my part to further the great show you do!

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 01:59:39 PM »
I am open to editing a group of specific shows as viral shows to be given out etc.  I did it with one of them,

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Offline SurvivalKing

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 02:14:23 PM »
I use the above show as track #1 on the CD I make and thank you so much for making it as well as all you do.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 06:07:08 PM »
I use the above show as track #1 on the CD I make and thank you so much for making it as well as all you do.

As I said I am open to a series for viral marketing, I just need to know the episode numbers people want, say up to a half a dozen I just don't have the mental bandwidth to do any more work on a daily basis.  My days start at 5 am, it is 7 pm now, you get the picture.

Offline SurvivalKing

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
Well I am not going to be the one the one that saddles you with more work.  But since you asked, If you want to know what episodes I put on MY Cds for viral marketing for you is:

Track #1: 298 Starting the Journey from the Grasshopper to the Ant (Best Intro You have Done yet to your philosophy)
Track #2: 305 You can't lose as a Modern Survivalist (Hit em with the win-win proposition)
Track #3: 273 The Last Pure Form of Revolution (In my humble opinion one of the most inspiring shows)
Track #4: 284 20 Simple Steps to More Independence (A simple list of things they can do to change their lives TODAY)

Written on the CD's is usually something to the effect of "LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR?  TUNE IN TO 'THESURVIVALPODCAST.COM' AND LISTEN FOR FREE"

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 08:38:33 AM »
I will do those this coming weekend and put them in a directory for download in addition to the one I have already done. 

Tell me what you think about adding this episode to the list

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/getting-your-spouse-on-board-with-survival-planning

Offline SurvivalKing

• Prepper
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 08:44:19 AM »
I think that episode was great I don't personally use it, but that is because I am on a college campus (you got to me early) and my main audience is college aged kids, who have no spouse.  But for the public  at large I think that could be a great episode to put on a viral disk, since adopting this style of living requires some life changes an episode dealing with how to explain/convince one's spouse seems relevant.