Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Every Day Carry (EDC) Gear

EDC questions

(1/4) > >>

CGFxColoneill:
I am looking for a new backpack... I have had issues with some of the ones I have bought in the past with things like straps breaking or the material shredding etc, I even had one that broke the second time I picked it up after loading it with my text books that semester.

needless to say I dont want to waste my time and money on crap like that again so I am wondering if anyone has brand recommendations or ones to say away from

I would like it to have

enough room to keep a change of clothes, a 17 in laptop, a notebook, a reasonable first aid kit( I dont have one assembled yet so I dont know the exact size yet) and a few other items ( tools, methods of starting fire, Mag lite  etc)

it would be nice if it had the ability to swap out some stuff and put a couple text books in there when I go back to school in the fall

As for the first aid kit I am not sure exactly what all I need to have in it, I know I want something more than a basic cuts etc, I am looking into taking a CERT class and I would like to get some other training as well

does anyone  have recommendations on at least a kit I can modify? on classes that would be good to take?
thanks

CGFxColoneill:
other questions

is a mag lite a good flashlight or should I look at another brand?

I think this is a standard feature but it needs to have a carry loop

thanks

donaldj:

--- Quote from: CGFxColoneill on August 30, 2009, 02:15:17 PM ---I am looking for a new backpack... I have had issues with some of the ones I have bought in the past with things like straps breaking or the material shredding etc, I even had one that broke the second time I picked it up after loading it with my text books that semester.

needless to say I dont want to waste my time and money on crap like that again so I am wondering if anyone has brand recommendations or ones to say away from

I would like it to have

enough room to keep a change of clothes, a 17 in laptop, a notebook, a reasonable first aid kit( I dont have one assembled yet so I dont know the exact size yet) and a few other items ( tools, methods of starting fire, Mag lite  etc)

it would be nice if it had the ability to swap out some stuff and put a couple text books in there when I go back to school in the fall

As for the first aid kit I am not sure exactly what all I need to have in it, I know I want something more than a basic cuts etc, I am looking into taking a CERT class and I would like to get some other training as well

does anyone  have recommendations on at least a kit I can modify? on classes that would be good to take?
thanks

--- End quote ---

I have an old Eastpack and a Jansport I use. Both are quite good, and have held up to everything I've put them through. I recently got a couple North Face Borealis packs. The Borealis II is a very good laptop bag, which is what I use it for, and keep my Get Home Bag (the Eastpack) in my car. The Borealis II might be a bit tight to carry everything you mention.

I cannot help you with first aid kits. It's an area I'm just beginning to explore.

D

ncjeeper:
I have had a rechargable mag lite for 20 years now. In my line of work I use it daily. I'm on my 3rd nicad battery, but this thing has been dropped, rained on, used as a impact weapon and has never let me down.
As for a quality backpack check out our sponsors and support them.

CGFxColoneill:

--- Quote from: ncjeeper on August 30, 2009, 08:24:45 PM ---I have had a rechargable mag lite for 20 years now. In my line of work I use it daily. I'm on my 3rd nicad battery, but this thing has been dropped, rained on, used as a impact weapon and has never let me down.
As for a quality backpack check out our sponsors and support them.

--- End quote ---
what model light do you use? sounds like a good one

as for the bag I only saw one on TRG that looked close so I will have to research that one a bit more and see if it will suffice, I need to see if any stores around me have some of these so I can check them out and decide which I want to buy even though I will probably buy online

I saw a couple Jansports that looked good as well

thanks for the recommendations

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version