Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

Positive Pressure Air Filtering

<< < (2/2)

SwampMonster:
Derajer, you do have some good points. As for trusting it with my life, donno. If it was there i would use it. I could not hurt. You might think about adding a Activated Carbon filter on it also.

Swamp

derajer:
Case in point, I hadn't thought about doing that and neither did the alpha rubicon article AND it's a great idea. I haven't checked, but I would bet that activated carbon is far cheaper than hepa filters.

Roknrandy:
The pandemic info from government and other websites will all tell you its transmitted from person to person. UNLESS someone stands outside your home and sneezes into your window and you happen to be standing there your safe. To create a possible pressure room (again the Rubicon site is a great starter) you will need to do some homework and design a system for your needs. Like swapmonster said, it going to take a little more then a filter and a blower. 

SwampMonster:

--- Quote from: derajer on September 25, 2008, 08:28:46 AM ---Case in point, I hadn't thought about doing that and neither did the alpha rubicon article AND it's a great idea. I haven't checked, but I would bet that activated carbon is far cheaper than hepa filters.

--- End quote ---

You need the HEPA, the AC would be extra, AC will not filter out particulates like the HEPA will.

Swamp

johnh2os:
The Rubicon article is just part of a series of articles on that subject. A test has been run using activated carbon and hepa filters to positivly pressurize 2 rooms for 30 days. It can be done. The Hepa stops any Bio type agents and the AC stops Chem.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version